Tuesday 25 January 2011

Belated Birthdays for Merritt and Moore

I've gone and missed both their birthdays. I can't believe I didn't remember. Some fan I am.  It's even more ridiculous considering yesterday was Moore's Centenary.  I wish I could blame something like work or exciting things (there is an exciting thing coming up, but I'm not going to talk about it until it's ready), but really, the least I could've done was a tip of the glass.

To make up for it, I'll point to more observant fans: James Maliszewski, Shane Mangus, Lagomorph, and John O'Neil all posted little tributes.  A perfect example of how criminally under-appreciated Moore is: where's the Official C. L. Moore Forums?  Where's Jirel's atrocious adaptation that makes a hash of her origin and motivations?  Where's Northwest Smith's beautifully illustrated and sometimes problematic comic series?  She deserves so much more than this.

2 comments: